Friday 23 October 2009

Gotta Gear Up!


I have been slowly putting my mind into "marathon mode" these past couple of weeks. My marathon running hubby and I have decided that we plan to register for the Chicago marathon when the registration opens up in late January. I know the Marathon is a little less than a year from now but I needed something to focus on and put my mind in the right space.
Well now I have even more reason to shift gears! I am so excited I'm jumping up and down inside and just going to have to take a celebratory run today! My running club has come through for me again!!! I didn't get a place in April's 2010 Virgin London Marathon in the ballot, BUT since I got rejected from that and the club received 4 spaces, I GET ONE!!!
Yes I am a bit nutz and you might agree (esp if you read my Berlin Marathon blog account) to be so excited about putting my body through another 26.2 miles and over 500 training miles but I am like a Cheshire cat!! SOOO thrilled!
So if all goes to plan, that will be TWO marathons in 2010: London (April) and CHICAGO (Oct!) Now, gotta go lace up and hit the road, I've got a run planned!!

1 comment:

Buffedstuff said...

You dear lady are a warrior, keep making yourself proud, you can only get better and better :)