Friday 8 June 2007

What Goes Up...


Definitely a spring wanting to be summer day. Warm for a run and humid as well, but when running a slower pace it makes it all do-able. Ran on of my favourite routes, 10K distance, with a nice coasting down hill after the mile uphill. I'll have two more uphills before the nice .2 miles to home.

Can't get around the hills here, I just know that any of my runs will be finishing on the uphill. I think one of the rewards of running to me are the views I get to admire when cresting the first incline. The buttercups golden in the high grass being nibbled on by the horses. Cows/Bulls ripping like lawn mowers the shorter grass in the next field. The sheep in the next field have had their wool shaved off and with their big eyes stare at me as I run past. I'm laughing as I make eye contact with one and it's as if it is saying, "I know, I know, just don't stare!!"

The legs are feeling stronger and after listening to a podcast(more about that on another post) I switch to music to finish the run at a little quicker pace. Knowing that I have a longer run in the morning I planned this as a bit slower.

No comments: