Thursday 7 June 2007

Trying too hard


It's another slip sliding away kind of days for me. The best of good intentions thinking. Of wanting to do things a certain way and finding out that it's just not getting done. So here I am again playing catch up. So many miles I have covered since I last wrote.

No excuses, naddy gonna go there. Just putting the words down and making this simple. Sure I want the nice pics and the great layout, but I'm new to all of this and I'm needing to do it simple. Trying too hard keeps me from writing anything.

Now, back to the running and how it's been going. I'm looking at week totals of over 30 miles now and at times the IT Band on my right leg aches and the piriformis muscle again on my right side kills. Seems to kick in at about 6+ miles so lots of stretches is necessary. Week ending May 27 took me up to 36.57 miles and that is the highest to date. Plans were to get up to that level and be ready for the Garburn trail race on June 3. Plans have a way of changing.

My husband hurt his back and the trip was off. My miles that week were low anyway due to a trip down London way to visit one of my children on a layover. Lots of walking but no running. Miles for week ending June 3 were a miserable 9.7!

So now the miles are getting there. Went out for an evening run on Monday 4 June and enjoyed the 10K distance and had so missed the running I needed a fix. Tuesday night was the Women's Running Network night and the off road run was great. The evening was mild and we mixed the surfaces up to include grass, dirt paths, road, and a bit of trail. Although the distance was only 3.25 miles it seemed longer due to the change of terrain.

That brings me to mid week and The Race For Life./a>
I had a great time, ran my feet off, and finished hand in hand with a neighbor who I had encouraged to participate. This was our third year running together and my fourth year participating. This is where I caught the run bug and just went on from that distance to now be a Marathoner!

The distance was not the advertised 5K but was short; 2.42 miles. Even with the race being spread over 2 nights we still had 1,5000 women participating last night. There were bottle necks and slower women to get passed, but the evening was perfect. It feels good to do something like that for a worthy cause. This is the only 5K I run and the only other charity I run for.


Today Thursday 7 June was to be a run day, but due to sleep deprived me, I've switched it with Friday, tomorrow. I chose to take the dogs out for a nice evening walk. It was good for the three of us.

No comments: