Tuesday 28 October 2008

Run with me....thoughts and ramblings before NYC

Five days! A fistful of fingers! OH my how my stomach churns. Bags are being packed, final preparations are being done, five miles to run today, four tomorrow.....
My mind is a list, a mental checking off of what I have to do to be ready for Thursday morning.. for Saturday night, for Sunday at 10:20ET. It all awaits. WIll I be ready, will my nerves hold tight? Ramblings of my mind, rumblings of my stomach. Thoughts sprinting through as I prepare what I need to do each day, each hour. I write, I ponder, I wonder. I dream. I plan! Yes, I plan! That is what I have been doing for days, weeks, months, and even years. I am getting ready. I WILL be ready!!

Each of you will be with me. Those who know what it takes to run a long distance, those who can't even imagine what is involved. Those who will be preparing for this type of event, those who utter a prayer/cheer of support. All of these are my cheerleaders. All are carried along with my warrior spirit, my road awaits. Your thoughts, prayers, well wishes, are felt on my shoes, my shoulders, my number on my vest 44971, I hear your voices echoed in the throngs that will be NYC.

I write now, before the hectic pace of the rest of the week envelope... Run with me in spirit, in unity, in like mind, run with me in determination, in fatigue, in passion, run with me for those things you too dream and work hard to accomplish..run with me in celebration of life, of all we are given and all we work hard for......... thank you for all that you are. My hand is held by your hand and together...we RUN!

No comments: