Tuesday 21 October 2008

Time is like a vapor..

..that is how I have been feeling lately. I've been attempting to get back here to update what has been going on in my training, and I keep missing the opportunity. Today I can wait no longer. Time is slipping by too fast and I want to just hold it in place for just a short bit.

Where have the last 5 weeks gone? There are only 12 days till I run NYC! But before all that I want to put down what these past weeks have been like.



Going back to the half marathon in Anglesey Wales...it was an experience. Graham and I were looking forward to the short couple of hours drive and the bed and breakfast near the start. We allowed some time on Saturday afternoon to visit the amazing Irish Sea front of Hollyhead.What fantastic views! The day was like out of a picture book and look promising for Sunday's race.

The half start was the mid point of the marathon distance, so we were actually running from sea level to one of the highest points in the middle of the island. A late start time of 9:30 meant we would be running as the temps got increasingly warmer and the hills longer and steeper. I kept my focus but knew it wouldn't be a PB time. I was pleased with the 2:45:46 finish considering the hills and heat. It was difficult but the best part was meeting, talking with and capturing a picture with Tracie Morris, Team GB Athens Olympic Marathon runner! What an honor and wonderful woman. She was the second finisher, and first woman finisher in the half and waiting for her sister to finish her first full marathon.
My training enabled me to have a strong finish due to all the hills around Lancashire....more on that and the World Wide Half Marathon in the very soon to come blog entry.

No comments: