Sunday 8 July 2007

Wraping up June

It's now July, the weather is warm, the sun blazing, the breezes warm and suntans are glowing. Well, all I can say to that is Yep it is July, but it's been raining almost every day since the month started. That makes training a bit wet and with the wind, it has felt like we are back in March or maybe just skipped on over to October.


Anyway, not time for a weather report, time to get updated with what has been going on with the running. Picking up from after that great soggy run on 25 June, I spent Tuesday sick from a cold. Could it be I was running in the pouring rain, or not getting warm enough right after finishing that caused the lovely cold/flu? It knocked me out and had to spend the day recovering. But, couldn't keep a good woman down and I was back out on Wednesday, again in the rain, trying to get a 5.5 mile run accomplished. However, getting tired of 3 downpours in the time I was out there, I decided to just head on home and dry out.

It was time for another speed session so on Thursday 28 June I headed out for a really good tempo run of 8.5 miles. It was like letting the carbon out through my shoes on the flats. I wanted to test all engines and see just how my endurance was for a mile or two. I was surprised to find that my breathing and endurance got me through the first flat part very well. I regained my stamina on the inclines to the next flat and then picked my speed up again. My confidence was growing and I could see how these sessions were enabling me to keep my pace for longer faster distances.

I needed a rest day and Friday fit nicely. Then up early and over to the Sweatshop in Chorley for a Ladies Day. About 50 women participated and I really enjoyed the on/off road run of 4.5 miles. We passed along the Leeds to Liverpool Canal, dodging rain drops as we went. I really enjoy the off road parts as it is a great change of scenery.

No comments: