Friday 28 March 2008

2 Red Laces, 20 Miles, 3 Weeks!


My Marathon Registration form arrived along with the Marathon News as I mentioned in my previous blog entry. Plus, the infamous RED LACES! Yep, I've put the laces in my newly bought London 2008 Marathon shoes and now I'm set!! The spiffy red ties are a great contrast to my yellow Nike Triax! Ok, they aren't supposed to make your shoes look better or give you that extra bit of confidence on the course or in training, BUT if that happens, FANTASTIC!

What they are for is to wear on Marathon Sunday 13 April and for each runner that crosses the line with them, the Heart Charity UK, gets a donation!! How's that for an easy way to help hearts??!! I think it is fantastic as I had been diagnosed with high blood pressure some years back. My running has brought my blood pressure down (along with mediation) to a very normal range.

This past Saturday 22 March, I laced up my new shoes with the Red Laces and went out for my longest training run of this Marathon preparation....20 Miles! Yes I felt spiffy, felt energetic and had a great run. And wouldn't you know it, the one other runner I saw out there (not counting my running buddy) was wearing his Red Laces!! I think it's catching on! My taper has begun, as the long hard miles are behind me and all I am looking at is a slow reduction of miles until London. I am so looking forward to this! Bring IT on!

1 comment:

Drusy said...

I went to the Expo last year with a friend who was running and felt guilty for picking up red laces... now I deserve them! Have a good taper!