Monday 17 March 2008

Four in 4!


It's getting to the wire. This marks just FOUR weeks until I run my FOURTH marathon. My training has been a bit sputter and pop these past 2 weeks. I am still undergoing physiotherapy for my hamstring. It is getting better but for most of the time when I am running I feel a dull sensation in my left hip/joint area. I know that it WILL pass and come 13 April I will run with no discomfort..well I think I need to rephrase that. I will run without discomfort from this situation.


This week is to be my highest mileage week AND my longest run. The physio has been very positive in me being able to take on the 20 miles I have scheduled in for Saturday. His instructions these past 2 weeks have been for me to walk up the hills and to get to the gym and do some hamstring strengthening. I have been following his advice.


I'm looking forward to London. To the excitement, the hustle that just IS London. I can re-race last year's marathon in my mind at anytime and I think that is an advantage to me for this year. I know what the course is like, I remember how I felt at certain key places. I also remember how the 2nd 10K distance was a bit of a blur. I want to have every mile of this year clear in my memory.


I am formulating how I plan to run this. I do have a goal in mind and that is a sub6. Oh I know that sounds like a ridiculous goal for some people, but I am raising my own bar and running my own race. My husband can easily finish almost 3 hours faster than me.. but again he is a whippet of a runner and a real speed demon on the distance. I'm pleased and thrilled to have the opportunity to be a part of this race again. To do a sub 6 hour marathon would be a personal best of over 10 minutes on last year's race. This I feel I can do. I have been training for this.


I've got my copy of Marathon News with my official registration in it and all the final details. It's all coming together and after this Sunday it will be a slow ease into London. Here's to a 50+mile week!

1 comment:

Drusy said...

You'll break 6 this year! Rest up the hamstring and it will be a breeze. See you there!